Saturday, January 05, 2008

California Winter Storm 2008

If you lived in any part of California either yesterday or today, you know that we certainly got hit by heavy winds and heavy rain. And I am glad it is over. In Sacramento, which I am residing, got over two inches of rain (2.19) and had wind gusts of 71 mph. A part of our backyard fence was knocked down, but no other damage was done. Luckily, one of our neighbors, who own this home, will take care of this situation. And I am also lucky enough to have a permanent job. I worked for the same company since 2001. Got laid off in 2003, but re-hired as an assistant in 2004. Got a position that was considered a permanent job in 2005. I return to work after vacation on Monday. But the storm really made me think that staying home was the best thing because of the possible nightmare commute I have to go through. Light rail was delayed over two hours. People would had to be insane to go to work that morning. I really thought that there should be some things that needed to be taken care of before that storm hits. This storm was really the worst in over 10 years. As for the fence, the landlord and the next door neighbor will figure out what to do with replacing this fence. But we will be fine. Our governor (The Terminator) just declared an emergency for four counties in California, including Sacramento County. It is over with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.